The taste of frozen eggs is similar to the taste when they are thawed. So, grab more eggs when they are on sale or use them up when you have a lot about to expire too.
When you need them, simply let them stay at room temperature and you can use them in any recipe. For instance, you can use them for baking, breading chicken, scrambled eggs, and french toast.All you have to do is take an ice cube tray, crack the eggs and add them to it without using any kind of spray or oils. Next, you should place the tray in the freezer and freeze until the eggs are frozen solid (approximately 2 hours).
Once they are frozen you can remove the eggs from the container. In case they are stuck, let them sit in warm water for 1 minute and they will pop right out. Then, you can store them in a gallon sized freezer safe bag and keep them up to a year.If you prepare recipes which require only egg whites or egg yolks, then consider freezing them already separated.
So, besides freezing ice and eggs, there are several other ingredients you should freeze. These are some of the perfectly suited foods for freezing in an ice cube tray.
- You can store about 2 tablespoons of stock and use it afterward for reheating leftovers or making a sauce.
- Did you notice that when you drink ice coffee, you get a coffee-flavored water?
- By storing coffee in the ice cube tray and later adding it to our coffee, you will get strong iced coffee.
3-MILK & BUTTERMILK
- If you often find yourself with leftover milk or buttermilk, make sure it doesn’t spoil by keeping it in the freezer.
- Hence, you will always have a little on hand when you need it.
- There are many recipes which require a bit of lemon juice.
- By keeping lemon juice in the ice cube tray, you will always have a ready lemon juice cube.
5-FRESH HERBS IN OLIVE OIL
- You can preserve the flavor of the herbs and use them all year round by storing them in ice cube trays with olive oil.
- We all know how healthy ginger is. Therefore, you should always have it at hand.
- Buy fresh ginger, peel it, grate it, and store it in the ice cube trays.
- As a result, you will get a ready spice for each dish.