Mouth ulcers are painful sores that appear in your mouth. They are very uncomfortable since you may feel burning and tingling sensation in the mouth. Mouth ulcers generally last for about one or two weeks. Although they’re usually harmless, still you should treat them because ulcers always tend to return.
Listed below are some essential oils that are believed to not only slow down the aging process of your skin but also to help minimize the appearance of existing fine lines as well.
The Most Common Causes of Mouth Ulcer
- Unhygienic dental conditions.
- Deficiencies in nutrition’s such as vitamin B12, Vitamin C and iron.
- Food allergies.
- Herpes simplex infections.
- Accidental bites in the mouth and the cheek.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Disease in bowels.
- Skin disease.
- Underlying disease conditions.
The Best Home Remedies to Treat Mouth Ulcers
Here are some of the natural and simple home remedies for the treatment of mouth ulcers:
Gargle with fresh coconut milk for about 3-4 times a day.
Boil coriander leaves in water. Let the water cool down and gargle with it for at least 3-4 times a day to see better results.
- Gargle with one glass of cold water and one glass of lukewarm water alternatively. This procedure will cure the mouth ulcers effectively.
- Chew around 5-6 fresh basil leaves with some water every day. Repeat this procedure 6 times a day to see better results.
- Mix 1 tsp. of glycerin with a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on the ulcer.
- Make a paste of an apple and Indian gooseberries and apply it directly on the ulcer. Repeat this twice a day.
- Dissolve ½ tsp. of sea salt in one cup of lukewarm water. Use this mouthwash for at least 30 seconds, then spit it out.
- Dab 2 drops of tea tree oil on the ulcer to reduce the redness and inflammation.
- Eat raw salads with plenty of fresh onions to get rid of ulcer quickly.
- Drink cranberry juice. Hold the juice in your mouth over the ulcer for better results.
To get rid of mouth ulcers very quickly and easily follow these precautions:
- Use soft toothbrush.
- Use straw when drinking cold beverages.
- Eat more yogurt and fruits.
- Avoid spicy and hot foods.
- Limit the intake of coffee and tea.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking cigarettes.